BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles.

BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. (http://bmwcoders.com/forum/)
-   BMW coding and programming (http://bmwcoders.com/forum/bmw-coding-programming-29/)
-   -   Recode Used ECU whith vin and map. (http://bmwcoders.com/forum/bmw-coding-programming-29/recode-used-ecu-whith-vin-map-3025/)

jcinfo 08-19-2014 10:05 AM

Recode Used ECU whith vin and map.

Hello y whant to recode used ECU, its Mini one, y have Mini cooper.
Y have the key and EWS modul qhith this ECU.
If y cobect on my car, no problem car is on.

But, con air conditionner work, lost HP because One have only 90cv and cooper have 115 HP ... y lost 25HP
Y hane inap calbe and Tools bmw, but never y recode new unit, only put sone
item to not active to active an work.

Please can you guide me for this ?

Many thanks.

Double0 08-19-2014 08:21 PM

Well i can try to share my problem with ECU wich was a siemens ms42 , i simply (after watching videos on you tube on how to solder smd chips) Removed am29f400bb Memory chip from my old ECU with hot air gun at 400C with foil covering the rest of circuit bord and solder it into a new used one :) Worked like a charm on my 3rd attemt lol found some loose pins after a swetty first go with no luck starting my car xD was nice with a magnifier to look over the work :thumbup: If i understood you correct trying to change ecu .. No need for coding or ews sync .. Mine had aux fan error , the reason i switched it ... This won't work if the memory chip is broken . I was going to code but whanted to try this out first , since it worked out fine i did't have to . i found mhh auto fora usefull , lots of programs to download there and Willhelm programmer on e-bay have some links to russia fora that's very detailed on how to ..

Scot 08-20-2014 02:52 AM

BMW ICOM A2 can recode Mini Cooper ECU. My supplier has it on sale, history lowest price. This version doesn't include software, for software

ptikkala 08-20-2014 04:34 AM

Cant change ISN with it.

jcinfo 08-20-2014 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double0 (Post 11300)
If i understood you correct trying to change ecu .. No need for coding or ews sync ..

Y have the ews module and key whith my ECU, only correct MAP and "item" not codding inside correctly, but car work.

jcinfo 08-20-2014 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scot (Post 11301)
BMW ICOM A2 can recode Mini Cooper ECU. My supplier has it on sale, history lowest price. This version doesn't include software, for software

Hi thanks but price it(s high only for one test :)
For information y am localised in France.
I have inpa usb module for conputer for the moment, this wire bya at 20$ on ebay

jcinfo 08-20-2014 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptikkala (Post 11303)
Cant change ISN with it.

what's is ISN ?
tks