BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2014, 08:14 PM

Car: E38 728i
Cool Recovering EWS 3.3 <> DME

Recenty, I played with EWS Editor and EWS 3.3. Silly, I did not make a copy of EWS and lost codes. I can't sync it with DME. I know 3.3 uses rolling codes as well as DME does with a codes table. Is there any way to recover them? I can restore factory settings on EWS, code VIN, mileage, keys and their passwords, but can't figure them bl**dy rolling codes. PA Soft gives me 'Sync failed', also INPA fails on a sync go. Any help would be very appreciated. Cheers

The Following User Says Thank You to Oski For This Useful Post:
pita sa (05-03-2014)
Old 02-01-2014, 09:03 PM

Car: E46-330Ci

When you are playing with EWS editor lite, like adding or removing keys from the ews module, you always need to remove the rolling codes from the ews module and then sync it with the DME.

So, install your EWS module,

After that, stick the key to the ignition and try starting the car (do this with all the keys you've got), now if you read the EWS module again with EWS Editor Lite, you will see that you got your rolling codes back again.
The Following User Says Thank You to BMR-E46 For This Useful Post:
pita sa (05-03-2014)
Old 02-01-2014, 09:28 PM

Car: E38 728i

Thanks for that, mate. Actually, I haven't mentioned, it's a different EWS module than original as I was going to make a copy/stick keys to a different car. It did work with 3.2, but with 3.3 I am stuck.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:44 AM

Car: 03 x5,06 530xit,87 325is race car

On EWS editor there is a button"Program to factory settings",or similar.Just make the EWS virgin and perform initial start-up/initialisation with DIS or similar.It should accept the code from the DME.