BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2017, 02:10 PM

Car: 535D E61
Default Replacing combox

Hi, I am needing to replace a Combox with a replacement unit - obviously hoping the software is at the correct level to integrate with my CIC (going to buy same model ref or newer).

Can anyone tell me - when i upload the existing settings to the new combox via NCS, will this transfer the FSC code? Or can I retrieve this from the old box using Tool32?

I have tried retrieving the old combox to no avail. NCS/ISTA/D can't read the code, despite it showing on the INPA VO list as OK.(I have one last Tool32 instruction to follow to see if i can update the vin that isn't showing on the inpa list). NCS errors when i try to access the MEDIA module for read or uploading original settings, ISTA/D shows the media module greyed out, when highlighted it reads as CMEDIAR variant, but group type TEL/MULF - obviously now aware combox is the MULF2, therefore I won't have any further modules that could be at fault

Here is the options list for the vehicle, so assume I have an FSC code built in.

S609 Navigation system Professional
S612 BMW Assist
S615 Expanded BMW Online Information
S616 BMW Online
S620 Voice control
S633 Preparation, mobile phone, Business
S654 DAB tuner
S698 Area-Code 2 for DVD
S6AA BMW TeleServices
S6AB Control for Teleservices
S6FL USB/Audio interface
S6VC Control for Combox