BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2015, 06:54 PM

Car: M5
Default Retrofitted CIC Works but can't code it

I installed a CIC from a donor 2010 535i into a 2008 M5. Used a CAN Emulator/Filter to enable the navigation. I changed the VO Date to 0909 and added the CIC to VO as well.

The CIC seems to be working and that includes the navigation but I have an issue with the car warning that I Have too much oil and that may be due to the CIC coming from a car with 7 quart oil capacity to a car with 10 quart oil capacity. I tried performing a default coding to make the CIC revert to the VO of the M5 but I can't read or write to the CIC. I 've tried DATEN 46.3, 50.2 and 54.

I am attaching error log from ncsexpert. I wonder if I need to remove the emulator in order to perform the coding.
Attached Files
File Type: zip errorlog.zip (414 Bytes, 3 views)

Old 02-19-2015, 07:40 PM

Car: M5
Default This was resolved by removing the CAN Emulator

I was then able to default code the CIC with NCSExpert.
Last issue I have is that the miles left in the tank is wrong and so is the oil reading. The CIC came from a 535 and the recipient car is an M5 so I think something else needs to be coded.
Any ideas?

Thx