BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2014, 04:56 PM

Car: BMW 850 CSI
Unhappy SES/Check Engine

I update the DME/EGS in a 2010 Z4; after the update for some reason the SES or Check engine light in the instrument cluster is no longer working.
The SES light should come on briefly immediately after starting the engine, and goes off if everything is ok.
Just to check if the OBD was working at all, I disconnected the DMTL (Leak diagnostic pump) test drove the car following the Test Drive Cycle procedure and the SES/Check engine never light on. However the fault is present in the DME when I scan it.
I did a instrument cluster test to see if it maybe a bad LED but all the light are working fine.
Also checked the wiring diagram and looks like this communication (DME>Instrument cluster) is through the CAN_BUS (it is not a dedicate wire as it used to be in the early cars).
Any ideas what could be the reason…
So I am not sure if it is a software issue or a hardware issue.
Best regards
Rey

Last edited by reytech; 03-11-2014 at 09:27 PM.

Old 03-12-2014, 08:16 PM

Car: BMW 850 CSI

OK just update to this case; I was searching about and since this car was originally for the middle east, the DME was code with SA861; this code SA681 I have found is for vehicles without OBD Monitoring system, most tuning companies remove this code for after marker exhaust system.
Now there is anybody that can help me or guide me in how to removed this code?
Thanks