BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2015, 04:52 PM

Car: E39 M5/ E90 318d
Default SOS on Cables /Software , What to Keep or Not ?

Dear all ,

I am sorry if this have been already addressed , but i couldn't find any direct relation to my own question/ mess .
Please remove if not appropriate , thank you .

There are a few cars around and i own a 2006 BMW 318D E90 and an E39 M5 2001 .
A couple of friends are 1 and 6 series owners as well .

In order to help maintain (service , oil reset, brake reset , general diagnostics) and even move on to codding , adding a couple extra features or activate features that can be , i purchased a couple of a cables .

Got those cables one a the time , installed them but for some reasons i had various errors , issues , installing and have those running on a laptop (windows 7 fisrt then XP) .

I ended up having to uninstall / reinstall several times without any steady luck
i am plaining now to use this tutorial and this software with my K+DCAN cable on my dell E6230 laptop , it runs Windows 7 Pro 32b and i will add the XP mode soft

Could you advise if the cables i have are worthless or should be enough ? with this below process :

[Only for registered users... ]

[Only for registered users... ]

Old 02-26-2015, 04:58 PM

Car: E39 M5/ E90 318d

Here are my actual cables and CD/dvd that came with it :
If i understand correctly my blue one would be a K LINE one (more suitable for older car models)

and the 'transparent ' looking one should be the better one

What would be your advices and recommendation about the hardware i currently have ?