BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

View Poll Results: Which software would you recommend for coding BMWs from March 2009 onwards?
SSS (Software Service Station) 0 0%
INPA 0 0%
EDIABAS (Electronic DIAgnostic BAse System) 0 0%
NCS Expert 4 100.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2016, 10:42 PM

Car: BMW E87
Default SSS not recognising correct model of BMW E87

Hello friends.

Please note that this post is also posted on a different forum and when I get a solution to the problem will update both forums. My problem is that I am having a problem with BMW SSS (Software Service Station) when trying to code additional options on my 2011 BMW 1 Series E87 118d.
The connection between the laptop and the car is fine. The problem is that in SSS after the procees of identifying the vehicle order (VO), it then says the following:

"Information on a vehicle from the model series E89 could not be determined. Use the diagnosis function to make sure that access to the vehicle is possible via the Gateway contro unit (ZGM on E65)."

I don't know why SSS thinks that my car is a E89 instead of a E87 when I have clearly chosen the option for the E81/E82/E87/E88 during the model series selection? Has anyone here experienced this problem before and if so, can any one please recommend a solution.

I have also tried to use INPA but the requested control units that are in my INPA database are not compatible with the ones found on my car (different versions). I've tried so many ways to fix this problem but it's unfortunate that the people
who know how to edit/configure the files/profiles in INPA have not responded to my emails/posts. Therefore, I'm assuming that they are too busy of they have no idea on how to go about doing it.

Here are the screenshots of how I was doing it:
1.SSS version
[Only for registered users... ]
2.SSS series selection
3.SSS VO ID
4.SSS error

Here is another one from DIS v57 just confirming that it is a E87 model and not a E89:

One other thing that is confusing me is that in the DIS picture above, it shows the model year of the car as 2009_03 (March 2009) but when I paid a visit to my stealership to get the aircon serviced, they told me that it's production date is 2011_05 (May 2011) which is exactly what my VIN is saying. Does it matter that DIS is showing a different production date from the actual or is it that the DIS v57 that I am using is outdated or is it something major that I need to be worried about as I will need to register a new battery and injectors using this same version of DIS. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 10-13-2016, 12:43 PM

Car: bmw

For Survivors! Don't miss this opportunity to grab your own POWERFUL Slingshot for FREE! We are giving to the next 200 survivors!

ORDER HERE => [Only for registered users... ]

Be Careful!!! This stuff is really powerful! Just pay for shipping and it's yours.