BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2013, 10:31 AM

Car: 335d coupe
Default strange cic internet problem?

Hi there,
i have just fitted a cic with combox into a e93 (june 2008), everything works except the internet which gives the error 'connection not possible, please try later'.

the strange thing is, when i pull the cic out and plug it in another car the internet works fine and when i put the combox in another car the internet works fine.

so, i know that the cic is coded ok and the combox is coded ok but for some strange reason they wont work when fitted in the e93??

i really am baffled as to what is going wrong, the combox is coded to a us vin and told to use the coding_vin instead of most_vin (and works in another car).

The cic is coded for 609,6va,6vc,614,615,620,644,6FL,6NR,6NF and again works if put in another car?

I have checked that the bluetooth aerial is compatible and there isn't anything else on the most network that can cause error's.

is there anything different on the e93 compared to e92,e90 etc that could influence the internet and stop is from connecting? the only difference is the convertable roof but im unsure how this could be the problem

the cic nav/voice is activated using a can filter but i have removed this to test with and gives the same results.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks