BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2019, 07:12 PM

Car: 1994 e34 540i, 07' e70 X5 4.8i
Default troubles connecting ista/p to e46

Im having trouble getting rheingolds ista/p to connect to my e46 via icom a, it fails to identify the car after the vin# pops up on the screen.
It works fine using ista/d with my icom a, but in my opinion the connection is slower compared to using it on a newer bmw.
Ive tried switching the connection to ediabas and use my d/k canbus cable without any luck also, both ista/d and p fails to connect. I know the ini file isnt configured to my port settings and Ive found a step by step to set it, but Ive scanned over the whole ini file, and can not find where to set the port at, Ive found everything else to change according to the step by step.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk