BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2017, 10:50 PM

Car: 2002 M3 Coupe 6MT
Default What are recommended diagnostic programs for E46?

I posted some background in the new members area: [Only for registered users... ]

The company that I bought the cable from provided a V1 disk, then I found out they had a V2 disk so I got it. The V2 disk include a V3 update. As far as I can tell, the disks are based on bmw tools 1.07, with an added "launcher". The first version used a diagnostic head emulator for DIS. The second version doesn't.

For diagnostics, I have two versions of INPA and one version of DIS.

The versions of INPA both seem to be 5.0, but they are different. Not sure why. I've heard some people say that INPA does everything DIS does, but I haven't found things like the VANOS test in INPA.

On the main display of DIS, it says easyDIS V1.0 base 44, but when I click on diagnose, it says DIS 57. No idea why.

I understand there is a newer version of BMW tools, 2.12, but there are also INPA packages. Which is the latest (or best) version of these programs for an E46?

Do these programs require daten? If so, how do I know what version of daten I have?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg inpa old.jpg (16.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg inpa new.jpg (21.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DIS.jpg (19.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DIS diagnosis.jpg (19.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Launcher redacted.jpg (15.8 KB, 9 views)