BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2014, 05:46 PM

Car: x5
Red face X5 40D - E70 (2012) - Maps update, coding and cables

Hi All,

I have just bought a BMX X5 40D (E70) 2012. My car specs are:

White, 7 Seats, comfort seats, 20" alloys, side view cameras, top view cameras, panoramic sunroof, folding mirrors, Media pack.

I'm well chuffed and impressed

Some background...

My previous car was an E class E320 CDi, 7 seats, AMG Allows which was a very nice car, and shame to see it go as I had it for 8 years, however due to kids growing out of the read facing +2 seats, I had to change my car. Didn't feel like going for a MPV (and kids threatened me that they will never sit in it ), didn't want an Audi Q7, too big and fat, and not my style, so now i own a X5

As a newbie I have been reading some forums and found out that I can code some functions, which I would like and miss from my Mercedes.

I have read many forums and sites, however i haven't found a complete answer as what I need to do for the following therefore would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction, and others like me:

1. Maps - I have 2012 MAPS, I have downloaded the latest 2012 Premium maps 3 DVDs, however I believe I require a FSC code, which I need to enter in my iDrive before I can update my maps via USB.
- I know some people are selling FSC codes on internet, much cheaper than main dealers, however I understand that I can extract from the car.

- I have downloaded SWID_reader.exe.
- Which cable to I need to buy in order to connect to my E70 CiC head unit ?
- Are there different type of cables that can do this job, as I would also like to code some other function, e.g. folding mirrors, etc, with cable as extracting FSc codes?

- I hear there is a legendary FSTool.exe which some users on internet use to generate FSC codes without the need of (1B) exacted file from car, and sell codes to other users. I suppose no one knows where to download this tool?

2. Coding - My Mercedes when I lock the car auto folds it's mirrors, which I miss on the X5, however I have read some forums, where this can be done via coding, and a lot more other things.

- What software do I need for this this?
- What cable to I need for this (can i use same cable as maps FSC codes / 1B files extract ?
- I think I require DATEN files for the coding. What are there and which versions do I require?

- What is E-Sys ?
- I don't think i have 6NR option, I understand this can be activated via coding? I do have bluetooth, 2 USB sockets, BMW Online and phone / cradle preparation on centre console.

Finally, not related to coding, buy my 40D is giving no where near the 34 mpg or so combined mpg, i'm getting around 19 driving around in London, with a very light foot, and driving slowly. not to impressed with fuel economy...

Thank you in advance, and apology for asking these questions as I know these have been asked before, but I still haven't found a single post or 'Dummies Guide', which I desperately need...

Old 05-10-2016, 05:29 PM

Car: x5

Hi Anyone got a simple answer for me ?

Still trying to patch all of the info together...!!

thanks

Tags
6nr, cable, fsc, maps