BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 11:15 PM

Car: E70 X5
Question X5 (E70) Programming/Coding Questions

Please forgive my naive question, undoubtedly the informnation I seek is readily available somewhere on this forum, I just haven't established the necessary personal knowledge to find it or understand what I'm reading.

I have an E70 X5 that I frequently have to bring to the dealership for them to "reset" the throttle settings. It drives great for a few days, but the lag slowly creeps back in until there is a full 1-2 second delay from depressing the accelerator until the car moves. Of course, when your'e turning across traffic this can be a bit stressful, and it's easy to press the accelerator a bit more resulting in a very rough/jerky take off. Not exactly a luxurious ride for driver or passengers alike.

Second, I just installed a new battery today (AGM). I opted to purchase and install the battery myself since it died over a holiday weekend and I couldn't leave my wife without a car until the dealerships open Monday. I have read that I should "register" the new battery with the car so it understands the battery is new and adjusts the charging algorithms accordingly.

All that said, what tool(s) are needed to accomplish the two above? Particularly the first, since that is required at regular intervals. I've seen references on this site to PASoft, ICOM, ISIS, ISSS, etc. but am unclear what each is capable of doing.

I appreciate any insight you all can offer. From looking around, this place seems to be a wealth of knowledge and I look forward to reading your responses.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:27 PM

Car: bmw

ok. I understut everyting. First of all You must ask in BMW servis or another servis which have bmw tools for reprogram DME/DDE in your car. After than must call function "adjustment all " in DME or DDE ( calibrate all senzors ). But first ask mechanical for cleaning trottle valve toogedar with assy house . In this case you have positiv solve of problem in your car. Alsso ask them for batery replacment registered in DME/DDE use ISID or GT1 or TOOL32 or INPA . If You change batery from normal to AGM You must make a retrofit from normal to AGM use ISSS , if you only replace AGM to AGM this operation is not nesesery.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:22 PM

Car: E60,E46,E85,E65,F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by michicago View Post
Please forgive my naive question, undoubtedly the informnation I seek is readily available somewhere on this forum, I just haven't established the necessary personal knowledge to find it or understand what I'm reading.

I have an E70 X5 that I frequently have to bring to the dealership for them to "reset" the throttle settings. It drives great for a few days, but the lag slowly creeps back in until there is a full 1-2 second delay from depressing the accelerator until the car moves. Of course, when your'e turning across traffic this can be a bit stressful, and it's easy to press the accelerator a bit more resulting in a very rough/jerky take off. Not exactly a luxurious ride for driver or passengers alike.

Second, I just installed a new battery today (AGM). I opted to purchase and install the battery myself since it died over a holiday weekend and I couldn't leave my wife without a car until the dealerships open Monday. I have read that I should "register" the new battery with the car so it understands the battery is new and adjusts the charging algorithms accordingly.

All that said, what tool(s) are needed to accomplish the two above? Particularly the first, since that is required at regular intervals. I've seen references on this site to PASoft, ICOM, ISIS, ISSS, etc. but am unclear what each is capable of doing.

I appreciate any insight you all can offer. From looking around, this place seems to be a wealth of knowledge and I look forward to reading your responses.
Hello. Throttle adaption can actually be set manually no need for a dealer to do this for you. However, it is most likely that they are resetting all adaptions on the car and not just throttle.
As far as battery, if you have switched to AGM then it is more complicated than to just register the battery. The FA (vehicle order) should be changed and then the battery and new AH should be registered accordingly.