BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW diagnostics and repair

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2017, 05:55 AM

Car: E46 318Ci
Default [E46 M43TU] Misfire on Cylinder #3

Good day, I'm new here, so please, if all of this has been answered or investigated already, point me to the right thread, I will appreciate it.

I'm experiencing huge power loss when pushing hard on the accelerator.

First of all, Check Engine Light comes on when my RPMs goes above 2,5K/min, however, not all the time.

Errors I got are:
  • 147 Aussetzer bei Zylinder 3
  • 158 Aussetzer katschaedigend Zyl.3

Rough screen on INPA is showing this information (+-2) when on idle or driving:
  • Cylinder 1 : 0.82
  • Cylinder 3: 1.90
  • Cylinder 2: 0.19
  • Cylinder 4: 0.94

When accelerating Cylinder 3 sometimes jumps up to >4, and on Cold start values are something like:
  • Cylinder 1, 2 & 4: 0
  • Cylinder 3: !40
of course, as engine warms the value of Cyl. 3 drops and others increases.

Another thing I've noticed, the load on the engine (mg/As/Zyl) at idle state is !90 and driving up to !300, when normal values indicated on INPA are [0;7] as well as ignition angle degree (KW) is !15,75 when idling when it has to be between [-10;10] according to INPA. Injection time (ms) when idling is 3,86 however, when I accelerate it jumps up to [!11;!14], lastly Pulse duty factor i.s. controller 1 is showing ~ !52 .

Could someone help me to investigate where should I start to look?

Mine thoughts are:
  1. Fuel injector is failing to provide required amount of fuel to Cyl. #3 and it fails to fire on time
  2. Fuel pump fails to provide enough fuel to operate correctly
  3. My coil is bad and needs to be replaced

However, first one would fail to provide an explanation to why Cyl #3 has >!40 measurement when engine is started cold.

MAF sensor has been cleaned, there might be an vacuum leak from breather hose which is behind the engine, since it's pretty soft, however, I'm afraid this shouldn't cause misfire on the cylinder.

Thank you in advance.