BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW diagnostics and repair

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2014, 10:23 AM

Car: bmw e34 tds
Default bmw e34 injector pump

In need of some help, before it gets rearranged with a hammer. After stressing myself right out to day the car is still a non-runner. here's what iv done. Bought replacement injector pump (994) after being told I had wrong one. So I thought instead of replacing the whole pump I would replace the top half the pump with the module on the side. I have read about this on different sites and of it actually working. But Injector light is still on and no fuel in injector pipes ?????. Whats the solenoid on the bottom of the pump do I need to swap this aswell ??? Pump doesn't seem to have any power ??? Car is a bmw e34 tds Thanks in advance

Old 02-09-2014, 12:43 AM

Car: BMW 530 iA -03
Default Wiring diagram

I think you mean the fuel cut off valve. If there is no electricity, pump does not make any pressure. Follow the wiring diagram I found for you. I wrote quite simple instructions how to measure that the DDE relay and solenoid valve is working ok.

You should find 12V from the solenoid valve as soon as you turn the key in the ignition lock to position two. If there is no voltage at the solenoid valve something is wrong.

You can also try to jumpstart your solenoid valve with +12V. But make sure you do that to right pin. If you feed voltage to the wrong pin, you may end up smelling a bit of electricity smoke and finding a new DDE ECU.

If you need to feed the solenoid valve with external voltage measure which pin has the greater resistance to the DDE control unit pin described in the wiring diagram. If there is no resistance at all Do_Not_Connect_External_Voltage_Source. Just make sure that voltage circulates via the coil of the solenoid valve and there is some measurable resitance between the solenoid pin and DDE ECU pin.

If the pump is working and making pressure I think this is the next step.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Tds DDE ETM.pdf (137.4 KB, 23 views)