BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW diagnostics and repair

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2017, 05:09 AM

Car: 2003 BMW Z4 3.0
Default BMW Z4 Electrical issues

I have been having electrical issues for awhile now. I have searched and searched for an answer to this and haven't found anyone with the same issues on the same vehicle. I've ran across several threads discussing similar issues on different BMW's and it seems that they have an issue with the general module. I can't seem to find information regarding that part on my vehicle, such as where that part may be located or if that's what it's called. Anywho, here the my symptoms.

1.) Turn signals work, but dash indicator lights do not, and no sound.
2.) A/C will not blow cold, only warm
3.) Sometimes, after I remove the key from the ignition, the "key in ignition" warning beep will not stop, even after closing the door.
4.) Remote locking will not work while the warning beep is going off
5.) Airbag light is constantly lit on dash.
6.) Dash lights sometimes don't come on.

This is for a 2003 BMW Z4 3.0i Automatic.
Thank you in advance for your time and for any light you may shed on this for me.

Thank you,
Scott Y.

Old 02-14-2017, 09:37 AM

Car: Z4 E85

Hi I know it's a bit off the mark but is your roof motor working? I had a flooded roof motor compartment due to a blocked drain which was causing water to enter into the cabin and throwing up passenger airbag module faults. I recently relocated my motor and pump to the boot as it is a really common issue.

As for other faults you can get a GM5 module repaired or a second hand replacement coded to your car. I've just had this carried out but mine was showing up as a faulty gm5 module through DIS. My symptoms were the usual central locking issues
Old 02-15-2017, 01:05 PM

Car: all

Check the footwell module

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2017, 11:45 PM

Thanks for the input guys, another question for you. Anyone happen to know if my key fob being broken would keep my car from starting? Just to clarify this is for a 2003 z4 E85.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:34 PM

Problem solved! Issue was with the airbag control unit under the center console. The plug at the top of this unit was corroded causing all of the issues listed above. Thanks everyone. The issue with the car not starting was an issue with the key.