BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW diagnostics and repair

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2016, 02:14 AM

Car: 2003 BMW 325i
Unhappy coolant problem

I recently replaced my coolant reservior, now my cars temperature gauge is bouncing between normal and hot. also i thought after changing my leaking coolant tank, my heat would work, but it doesnt. I dont know because the low coolant fluid light is still on and maybe thats why its not working. It may be sending the computer a low fluid message. Do i need to disconnect the battery cable to reset the computer or does my car need a thermostat.

Old 03-04-2016, 02:12 PM

Car: BMW

Be sure that you have followed the proper procedures
For bleeding the cooling system first, also check your
Trouble codes to make sure you do not have the death
Codes stored of oil and coolant temperature senders implausible
Which indicates a severe overheat event
Hope this helps
Old 03-18-2016, 10:40 PM

Car: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepark42 View Post
I recently replaced my coolant reservior, now my cars temperature gauge is bouncing between normal and hot. also i thought after changing my leaking coolant tank, my heat would work, but it doesnt. I dont know because the low coolant fluid light is still on and maybe thats why its not working. It may be sending the computer a low fluid message. Do i need to disconnect the battery cable to reset the computer or does my car need a thermostat.

What car e46? Like the other guy said make sure you dont have an air lock in the motor. I usually put my car on a hill with the nose pointed up if I have a car thats being a pain to bleed. Make sure your not loosing coolant. How many miles, potential a water pump on its way out. Thats pretty rare though they usually work or don't from what ive seen. Could also be a thermostat thats sticking.
Old 03-25-2016, 11:53 PM

Car: f10

ok this right
[Only for registered users... ]