BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW diagnostics and repair

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 02:33 PM

Car: BMW 525d M sport
Default DIS working, INPA not working

Hi
my first post, hate to start with a question but I hope to contribute more in the near future!

As title, I've got DIS to fully work but when I run INPA and select the engine I get the IFH009 error.
the two dots for ignition/battery are black with when not plugged in to the car's OBD, but they light up right when plugged in i.e ignition dot stays white when ignition is off.
Has anyone got any ideas as to what ive done wrong?
Thanks

Old 04-04-2013, 06:50 AM

Car: BMW

Yes you can use obd tools.BMW Mini Rover Obd2 Service Inspection Reset Tool 75 Workable models Works on BMW, Mini and Rover 75 models year 2001 onwards with 16 PIN OBD2/EOBD Data Link Connector(DLC). The 16 pin OBD2 connector can be found underneath the dashboard, please confirm the vehicle is OBD2/EOBD compliant before making the purchase. And please note this tool does not work on CAN BUS vehicles. [Only for registered users... ]
Old 04-11-2013, 11:27 AM

Car: 2002 530i

Take a look at the pins on the OBD connector especially pins 7+8. See if they are soldered together or not. If they are not soldered short the pins 7+8 together and try that. If they are soldered try desoldering them. This worked on my E39. Hope this helps