BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW diagnostics and repair

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2019, 10:52 AM

Car: E36 M3 Evo
Default E36 M3 power to ODB port issue intermittent

Hey all, i was diagnosing and testing the car as we have a second hand DME ECU in the vehicle which i have checked and matches part numbers but had to align the EWS/DME with the INS Codes. this had all worked but i had an odd error come up with the Cable and not connecting to INPA. Checking the forums it was communication or power. On checking with my other scanner that is powered off the OBD port there wasn't any power ?
switched off and on again and some relays clicked and back on but cat out part way thru a scan.
Does the DME relay supply power to the OBD port when the ignition is on or could i have a faulty DME unit. I tried the Kline cable again and the same it occasionally worked then would stop while connected.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DME info.jpg (20.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DME Coding.jpg (710.2 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Blumr2; 04-09-2019 at 10:55 AM.