BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW diagnostics and repair

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2018, 02:03 AM

Car: '08 535i
Default e60 535i suddenly wont start

hello all. I recently purchased a 2008 bmw 535i with the n54, zf 6sp auto. car has 135k miles. it needed a valve cover gasket. I took off the plastic covers, removed the coil packs, also changed spark plugs to bosch coppers. also unplugged the battery first of course. I was about to remove the fuel lines for the direct fuel injectors, when it started lightly raining and getting dark. now I have a project car in the garage and a benz s430 in the driveway right in front of the garage door so using the garage wasn't happening.

I decided to put it all back together and wait for either an opportunity to work indoors or for spring time to come around and the sun to stay out longer.

I put it all back together to the best of my knowledge, and started the car. it idled fine for about 5 seconds and then kicked the bucket. wouldn't fire back up. no issues cranking however.

I just bought another laptop today and ordered me a k+dcan cable and it will be here by Saturday. however its irritating me to not have my car start after it drove perfectly fine the day before.

here are the codes I pulled with my Mercedes scanner. I doubt they help much but saved them anyways.

P240B (Generic) evaporative system leak detection, pump heater control circuit low

P1417 (BMW) fault code not found in database

P1635 (BMW) throttle valve adaptation, lower mechanical stop not adapted

P0118 (Generic) Engine Coolant Temp sensor 1 circuit high

P16B9 (BMW) fault code not found in database

would any of these not allow the car to fire up? waiting on this cable in the mail has me anxious and impatient.

thanks in advance.

Old 02-24-2019, 09:15 AM

Car: M3

check you battery terminal, if you have the B+ safety terminal, and its not seated properly, car wont start.

also this P1635 (BMW) throttle valve adaptation, lower mechanical stop not adapted, wont idle sometimes if this is the fault.