BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW diagnostics and repair

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2017, 05:25 PM

Car: 06 BMW M5
Default E60 M5 CCC: No sound, no bluetooth, no EDC

Hi. I am having an issue with my E60 M5's CCC. I posted this on M5Board, but thought that I may get a little more exposure on this site regarding this specific issue.

Bluetooth wouldn't pair a phone (it would connect and show the phone in iDrive, but then delete it within a second or two).
Also, I couldn't edit anything in the MDrive - Anything that I would try to change, would revert back to what it was within about a second.
I ran DIS to see if it could see anything, and it noticed some coding faults in the gateway. I flashed the GW module with KDCan (on K) with WinKFP, and was successful - However, it did not fix the issues above.
I decided to flash the entire CCC the same way, and what I didn't realize is that it was going to take about 7 hours. It got to 100%, then error and brick. Biggest waste of 7 hours ever, considering I monitored the voltage the whole time.
I contacted Bimmergeeks to see if they had a solution with their cable, and they explained that they wouldn't recommend any KDCan on the MOST flashes (which theirs is). However, they suggested either ICOM (my last resort before dealership or new CCC), or CD CCC Recovery Disc - which I was not familiar with. They explained the files, and I burned the correct disc for my CCC hardware (9.5).
Popped the disc in, and in about 1 hour and a half, I was back in business.

Now the current status -
- MDrive is editable, however the EDC line is missing.
- Bluetooth menus look more normal, however the "enable bluetooth" is grayed out, so bluetooth is still not functional. Possible MULF module issue?
- No sound at all from speakers - No radio, chime, nothing...

I checked all the fuses, and pulled negative battery cable for a while, however no change. I was going to hook it up to DIS to see if it can see any faults - however, if anyone has any suggestions on how to resolve this, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks!