BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW diagnostics and repair

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2017, 08:14 PM

Car: BMW X5
Default E70 EMF Issue

Hi Guys,

This is my first post here and I hope someone could help.

I have 2010 X5 50. EMF failed a couple of weeks ago. The could was (using autologic) Actuator Mechanical failer. I ordered a refurbished one from ebay. I installed it on the car. I did the coding and initialization using autologic assist plus. However, something is not right.

When I clear the codes and pull up the parking brake, i can hear the actuator running and then it releases it self and leaves me with two codes:
1) emergency release detected.
2) Actuator Mechanical failure.

Sometimes when the car is running and I pull the parking brake it works. and I put car on D. the car doesnt move. but as soon as I release parking brake. the yellow symbol illuminate and back to the two codes above.

On autologic when I coded the refurbished emf, it shows that there is an update that I dont have. Also on the old emf it shows the same.

the original emf (the one that broke, had really high sound when actuated, the new one doesnt have high sound.

I have checked all fuses (except fuse 10, not sure where is that). Also, wires everuthing seems normal.

So, I tried the manual reset but it didnt work. the codes still appear. could it be that there is something wrong in the drums? any suggestions?

Thanks

Old 12-06-2017, 07:41 PM

Car: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakeem View Post
Hi Guys,

This is my first post here and I hope someone could help.

I have 2010 X5 50. EMF failed a couple of weeks ago. The could was (using autologic) Actuator Mechanical failer. I ordered a refurbished one from ebay. I installed it on the car. I did the coding and initialization using autologic assist plus. However, something is not right.

When I clear the codes and pull up the parking brake, i can hear the actuator running and then it releases it self and leaves me with two codes:
1) emergency release detected.
2) Actuator Mechanical failure.

Sometimes when the car is running and I pull the parking brake it works. and I put car on D. the car doesnt move. but as soon as I release parking brake. the yellow symbol illuminate and back to the two codes above.

On autologic when I coded the refurbished emf, it shows that there is an update that I dont have. Also on the old emf it shows the same.

the original emf (the one that broke, had really high sound when actuated, the new one doesnt have high sound.

I have checked all fuses (except fuse 10, not sure where is that). Also, wires everuthing seems normal.

So, I tried the manual reset but it didnt work. the codes still appear. could it be that there is something wrong in the drums? any suggestions?

Thanks
An update:

So, I updated EMF to the newest version and now I have three different codes in EMF:
1) 601D DSC interface: Signal Invalid
2) 601E DSC interface: Signal Invalid
3) 601B DSC interface: Signal Invalid

Any Idea?