BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW diagnostics and repair

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2015, 09:24 PM

Car: bmw e60 pre lci 530d
Default fuel level at zero ,senders read fine ,corrupt dash info e90

Trying to narrow down a fault i have with my 320d . The fuel gauge has started reading zero , with all the posts about them i just decided to swap the sender units out ,but it has made no difference at all .

i have a 2 permant faults in the footwell control unit where the wiring for the senders goes to .that connects to the fuse box and controls locking etc.

i have follewed the wiring and done a continuity test on both pairs of wires they check out fine . the sender units are also fine ,resistance is in spec to what data i can find out .

i also have 2 faults in the kombi for the fuel level
931A signal or value above testbedingungen threshold met
stating that the range is above threshold .

in the secret menu of the kombi when i check the fuel level in each tank the info is corrupt looks like a line of comma's . no 0000 or anything
both tank sender lines are receiving 12v is this correct ?

im not sure wether to change the footwell electronics that connects to the fusebox or change the clocks . both are going to be costly.
luckily i have avdi so programming will take only a few mins .

any info on the system , tolerances ,voltage etc would be grateful

forgot to say i would reflash the software but cannot find daten files for the units as they havent been updated since 2005. zusb 9119497

Last edited by hollow; 07-18-2015 at 09:42 PM.