BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW diagnostics and repair

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2012, 12:32 AM

Car: 2002 325i Sedan
Default INPA 3.01 - Where to get / Problems with USB cable

I originally posted citing problems with my steering angle sensor and a need to calibrate/reprogram if I end up changing same.

I was referred to INPA 3.01. I bought a usb to OBDII cable, which came with lots of software, including the newest version of INPA. I have been working all weekend to get the software running.

My first issue, is that I don't know if I actually have INPA 3.01. I never found a good working link to it, but I did find some information that version 4.x is the loader version only and is 3.01 in reality. I still don't know if that's true.

I downloaded and installed version 4.x and saw some steering angle sensor options. Unfortunately, my computer would never communicate with the car. I read that, perhaps, there is an issue with using 3.01 with a usb cable. Can anyone confirm?

Also, I am trying this with a Win 7 64-bit laptop running Oracle Windows XP install. Maybe, that is the problem. This is frustrating for someone is pretty tech savvy. Thanks!

Old 11-12-2012, 10:41 PM

Car: bmw 320d

They give you a lot of software but you are sure that this cable work with inpa soft?
Do you have battery on in the screen?
Old 11-20-2015, 08:00 AM

Car: BMW

happened to read this [Only for registered users... ]

hope it helps