BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW diagnostics and repair

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2018, 09:36 PM

Car: Mini Cooper S R53
Default INPA with k-dcan and istad/p

Now this is surely a Windows 10 issue....

INPA is working fine, battery dot detected when I plug in the k-can cable to the laptop - port com1 - and then ignition responds correctly when I turn on the ignition. Working fine.

Ista-d, crazy, will not connect. I’ve tried com1 and com9, latency is 1, ediabas is obd. What I don’t see that I use to when ista-d was the ediabas server icon when I started ista - I see the icon when I start inpa but not ista for some reason. Any help, suggestions? Have I got the wrong ediabas.ini - I’ll post the error log later.

And I open istap, strange was the emulator ran, istap was running but the dash/window never opened - I shut down and went to sleep then but will try again.

Windows 10 - port locked to other devices not allowing ista to use it maybe....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 09-04-2018, 09:55 AM

Car: 2002 330i

A lot of the forums suggest having “standard tools” installed. There is a few versions of this from bimmerfest (maybe bimmergeeks) to “the standard tools”. A few youtube videos go over installing INPA, and include links in the description. Try following those to see if that helps.

Try this as well:
[Only for registered users... ]