BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW diagnostics and repair

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2014, 04:19 PM

Car: E32 730I V8
Default Issue on E32 M60 with INPA and Carsoft

hello everybody

currently i'm trying to figure out an issue i have with my diagnostic device. I can't connect to my car (BMW E32 730I V8 engine M60) despite i have bought recently an "ADS/ODB diagnostic interface" (orange do-it-auto box) with a serial cable and a laptop with serial port and Windows XP.
I also installed INPA and Carsoft 6.5 without getting errors during the process. I have not done any special setup in Windows or programs since the install.

Issue:
Carsoft: definitely doesn't want to connecte to my car, it only say to me that it can't establish connection... (i tried with four com ports in options but no differences at all in the result)
INPA: the program seems to work well on the home page (battery and ignition light on when the ignition is turned on) but when i try to connect to the car it says me "busy" and eventually send me a error message "bad connection" (it's not the exact quotation)

Thank you very much for your help !