BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW diagnostics and repair

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2016, 06:44 AM

Car: 535d LCI
Exclamation Making sense of DIS, INPA etc for later BMW E models

Hi all

I've been trying to diagnose a DPF fault on my 535d LCI (2008).

After a wasted day trying to get DIS to work with a persistent 200.166 error, I've given up. I then started reading that DIS may not work on refreshed E models 2007 onward anyway, like my E60.

As I've read over and over, INPA works for everyone as it did for me but it seems to be info only - no DPF regen. I even had errors trying to clear the information memory .... All the recorded errors were in German to, not helpful!!

I read about a few other tools that can help with diagnosis and initiating a manual DPF regen etc. What's the best solution for a late E model? How do you get DIS working with a 200.166 error, when you've tried all the usual antivirus/firewall stuff?

I got a cable and software package from bcables dot com but I'm thinking of backing it and using a Carly instead.

Is DIS that hard to use, does it work on E60 LCI?

Cheers
Dan

Old 04-13-2016, 10:03 AM

Car: e91

I recommend Rheingold ISTA D (D for diagnosing), u can test pressures before/after filter and other parameters, request regeneration, or replace option. There are movies on YT how ppl doing this.
Ista to work requires working properly INPA.
The Following User Says Thank You to focus87 For This Useful Post:
ramseyd (04-13-2016)
Old 04-13-2016, 09:47 PM

Car: BMW X5 2002 4.4i

Sorry for hijacking your thread but I'm in a similar position. I'm going to buy a X6 2009, but I couldn't get to work any of the tools using my USB cable that I use to diagnose my X5 4.4i 2002.

By now, I realized that this cable won't work for it. So, what cable should I get to scan, reset errors and if possible use it with ISTA-P as well?

Thanks!

Tags
carly, diagnostics, dis, inpa, lci