BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW diagnostics and repair

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2018, 08:46 PM

Car: 2003 M3
Default "No communication" with modules: Coding issue on SMG to manual or hardware issue?

Hello, I've been desperately trying to figure out what's going on with the new M3 that I bought. It's a 2003 M3 that was built around May 1, 2003. A few years ago I know there was a SMG-to-manual swap by a pretty sharp enthusiast/professional mechanic.

Now I have the car and I'm trying to figure out why I can't use ISTA d to access any modules, and why INPA errors out before it gets to other functions outside of the engine (which I assume is served up by the functional DME module).

If anybody point me in the right direction to look, I'd be very appreciative. I've gone ahead and posted the Control Unit Tree from ISTA d, the codes that it's throwing in ISTA and the "Codierdaten" from INPA. I'm hoping that this is a coding issue and not an issue with a short in one of the diagnostic components.

UPDATE: Today, the modules showed up after a few driving sessions. I didn't change anything hardware-wise. I'm thinking the battery wasn't fully charged.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg control unit tree.jpg (208.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 8.4.2018 codes.jpg (636.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg codierdaten m3.jpg (19.7 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by sayyoudidnt; 08-08-2018 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Update on situation