BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW diagnostics and repair

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2017, 09:22 PM

Car: BMW M3 E92
Default OBD-II and Carly

Hi Guys newbie on here...
Trying to diagnose and solve my own problems.
I recently bought a ELM 327 adapter and have been using it with several different Apps over the last month or so with no problem. Over the weekend I bit the bullet and paid the kings ransom for the Carly App.
I can not connect it to the adapter, I have tried it on an iPhone 6 and an iPhone 4 to no avail.
I disconneced the battery in the car twice, reloaded the app on both phones two or three times and rebooted after each time on both the phones. Bluetooth off radio off phone off... ignition off, ignition on, engine on, engine off.......😬
I can not connect, I have spent about 5 hours so far trying to sort this out as I am on my bike now.

Old 04-23-2017, 09:23 PM

Car: all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollarX View Post
I recently bought a ELM 327 adapter and have been using it with several different Apps over the last month or so with no problem. Over the weekend I bit the bullet and paid the kings ransom for the Carly App.
I can not connect it to the adapter, I have tried it on an iPhone 6 and an iPhone 4 to no avail.
I disconneced the battery in the car twice, reloaded the app on both phones two or three times and rebooted after each time on both the phones. Bluetooth off radio off phone off... ignition off, ignition on, engine on, engine off.......😬
I can not connect, I have spent about 5 hours so far trying to sort this out as I am on my bike now.
You need the carly adapter to work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Old 04-23-2017, 09:41 PM

Are you serious, robing B******s
Probably another 60, plus the original 50 plus 5 to register a battery...
BMW wanted 90 to fit and register the battery and I would have got a latte and a nice cream cake in the very pleasant waiting area.
Are you sure, I have to buy one?
What Apps can I use without paying a fortune. Or can I connect with my Mac book Air?

J
Old 04-23-2017, 09:56 PM

[Only for registered users... ]

Old 04-23-2017, 10:12 PM

Car: 2005 E46 330ci drop top

Quote:
I have the same problems with my E46, I have the Cable adapter and the Bluetooth unit . Still can not get a constant connection. Carly, states to send in a log for them to examine...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 04-23-2017, 10:19 PM

Then the best to get might just be the easydiag adapter with the x431pro3...it can do it all

Old 04-23-2017, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicservice6 View Post
[Only for registered users... ]

That costs like over €60.... seriously it's like going to see the the Eiffel Tower and having to buy a souvenir there to prove you were there. It's a bit of a scam...
Old 04-23-2017, 10:29 PM

Quote:
That costs like over 60.... seriously it's like going to see the the Eiffel Tower and having to buy a souvenir there to prove you were there. It's a bit of a scam...
You can get yellow easydiag adapter for around $60 and the software... i can get the bmw only full software and coding. For $30 you sont pay for anything extra.

Old 04-24-2017, 05:39 AM

Is there any free software for Mac?
Old 04-24-2017, 11:26 AM

Not that i know of.