BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW diagnostics and repair

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2017, 01:23 AM

Car: E60 Saloon
Default Only when it's not running...

Hello BMWCoders. I have learned a lot from this forum in just the few months of owning my E60, so i'm very fluent with the search function. One thing that really isn't a problem but moreso an annoyance is the dreaded "Pass. Restraint Malfunction". Plugged in INPA and determined it indeed was the OC3; so i unplugged it, coded, and cleared it out the system. No errors whilst key is in Position 2 and car is actually running. When the key is in Position 1 (pcv, radio, etc) after about 10 minutes or so the restraint malfunction will show, but no new errors in SBSL or SBSR. If i turn the car off and back to Pos. 1 it is a repeat of the whole process. I need a new IBS.. didnt have this error until AFTER i installed 95Ah AGM and coded the CAS for such. Even added to the FA/VO. Im stumped. Thanks again- Bum

Tags
e60, malfunction, restraint, sbsl, sbsr