BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW diagnostics and repair

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2017, 08:00 AM

Car: e39
Default Radio, cd, not selectable also no sound '03 e39

I am having problems with my 2003 e39. The car has mk4 navigation system with 16:9 screen, professional audio system, 6 cd changer and radio module is becker bm54.

The problem is that that I cannot select radio nor cd player. When I turn the ignition on the screen lights up with options to select settings, navigation, code, auxiliary ventilation and to turn the screen off
When I press the left knob nothing happens also when I press mode button nothing changes. All fuses are ok amplifier and radio module get live power, cd changer ejects the cartridge. Disconnecting and reconnecting battery terminal after few hours didn't change anything. Connector on the radio module cleaned and looks ok. Navigation works fine but with no sound.

This is the state since I own the car, previous owner says that everything was working fine, when I bought the car the only thing he did was to change the language from Italian to German since I don't know Italian and English is not available.

Has someone an idea where to look or what to do next?

Old 01-09-2017, 09:57 PM

Car: e52
Default Radio, cd, not selectable also no sound '03 e39

Change the language back to Italian. And see if all working.
Than use ncs expert to code the car to German language code.
Than code the car with empty fsw_psw.man.
After that it should be in German.
I don't know exactly but maybe you have to flash your radio Modul after changeing the Zcs to German.
With an SW-KEY cd.
V32 is the newest I know.

After that you will have your software in the language you want to.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Last edited by toh-mc; 01-09-2017 at 10:10 PM.