BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW diagnostics and repair

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2016, 11:13 AM

Car: 545i
Default Reprogram Micro Power Module

Hello,

I really need some advice on how to encode / reprogram a new Micro Power Module on my 2005 E60. I bought that car that had a water damaged MPM as per the water in trunk issue many are aware of.... I bought a module from the dealer, replaced like 3 fuses and my I-Drive came back to life but much to my dismay, I had an error stating: Head Unit Not Programmed Correctly. I searched another forum thread and found that I guy had fixed this error using DIS.

I spend many hours trying to setup DIS v44 in hopes of fixing the problem. There was no error relating to the head unit in the diagnostic test. There what however a MPM error indicating it need to be encoded which makes sense as that is what I replaced.

Here is a screen cap of my errors DIS:DSC_0059.jpg

I the head unit issue will be resolved once the MPM is encoded/programmed. The million dollar question is what is best/easiest/safest was to quickly program this? I have NCS, WinFKP, DIS v44, INPA but I am new to coding. Any guide or steps you can directly me to would be super helpful. I have read a bit and talked to a couple of people and they seem to say NSC or WinFKP can do it....how is the question.

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by Jayson Wonder; 05-07-2016 at 08:33 PM.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:55 PM

HeadUnitError.jpg
DISError.jpg

Hey,

I am looking for opinions on what could cause this continued Head Unit error. I recently replaced my MPM after the well known trunk leak issues. I had not IDrive Screen prior to the MPM replacement but I do have a screen now but I get this error as soon as I start the car. No audio from sound system, door chimes, nothing.

I have made some progress but still have not managed to get the issue resolved and I really need some music in my car .

I have coded my MPM and MASK modules using NCS and I think it went fine. Previous in DIS I was showing a MPM not encoded error which is now gone. The MASK coding was a shot in the dark as I was not sure what module controlled the Head Unit programming.

I see now in DIS that I have no amp, Cd, telephone and a MOST bus issue. The components of the most system seem to be working but I have to dig deeper to confirm. I feel that this error with the MOST ring break is a result of the head unit not working correctly and there for causing the fault on the system.

Thanks,
Old 05-13-2016, 01:25 AM

I coded my MASK module to default and modified the "CODIER_CHECK" and "LOGISTIK_CHECK" to off using NCS Expert. This got rid of the error on the head unit (Not a real solution, just hiding the error I assume) as I still have no sound in car, sos error and airbag errors.

DIS shows MOST bus interrupted. I did just update the MMI/CCI module using WinKFP and still need to program the MOSTGW module and I might be good. I have a 207 error = Program order could not be determined in WinKFP when trying to update that.

I am still trying to resolve issues and regain sound and remain open for suggestions.