BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW diagnostics and repair

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2016, 11:00 AM

Car: BMW 550i
Default Stuck in Park

I was waiting for someone thought is was going to be quick so had my brake
on was nervously pumping the brake pedal it turned into a 20 minute wait so
I put it in park turned the car off. When i started the car back up the transmission warning/limp home mode came on and i could not get it out of park. I called AAA the driver came out and showed me how to get it out of park so i limped home about 2 miles. And now still stays in park have not driven it
since. I have never had any transmission problems no slipping all was good til now cant see how it would go without warning?

Old 10-05-2016, 05:28 AM

Car: 325i

Welcome to the group. based on what I read, it looks like you haven't done much to research the issue with your car. my suggestion would be to first scan your car with a suitable scanner for codes. a scanner which has software designed particularly for bmw would be best. you didn't give much information in your post. what year is your car manufactured? its likely the bmw dealer can pull codes from your key. you may want to call or pop by your local dealer and see what they can do. you can purchase bmw specific scanners on the internet for around a hundred bux or maybe post on craigslist for help from someone with a scanner...good luck
Old 12-07-2016, 12:19 AM

Car: 92 325i

Bad shifter safety? seeing as most modern cars require holding the brake before you can shift outta park..
Old 08-20-2018, 01:32 AM

Car: 2011 535i f11 bmw xdrive
Default glennjones

ok ok ease up guys..first time here ..or anywhere for that matter..car in question is a 2011 535i f11..problem is.. the front diff desentigrated..car was parked for a long time..i recieved it with dead battery..removed it..charged it..replaced it...car started fine. i shut it off..removed both front axles..front diff..started car....it shifted into drive...it shifted into reverse....back into park...without turning it off, i exited the car..then re entered it..shifted into drive...drove it for a quarter mile..stopped.. shut it off ..aired up one tire..got in ..started it up....and it wouldnt shift out of park...when you activate the shift lever it displays a drivetrain malfunctin..along with an orange triangle..now any suggestions as to why that would happen likemthat
Old 08-20-2018, 01:39 AM

Car: 2011 535i f11 bmw xdrive

im assuming the xdrive system noted theloss of power to the front axles..and tossed up thedrivetrain malfunction display and locked the tranny in park