BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW diagnostics and repair

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2017, 04:22 PM

Car: 08' 650i
Default transmission malfunction ..code 4e20

hello everyone just want to say thank you for all you guys do this is a great forum learned alot..
ok i have an 08' 650 got i the car the other morning and got transmission malfunction message it didnt go in rev or drive so i turn the car off started it again and same thing so i let it sit about an hour and started it and it was good used it all day no problems..next morning same thing happened let it sit about an hour and all was fine the 3rd morning it started with no error message drove it all day then later on in the day i went out of town with it drove about an hour straight then i get transmission malfuncion and it says will only stay in drive no rev or park to put it in park i need to shut the car off and it will go in park...now its been sitting a few days and the tranmission malfunction message is on and wont go away like before no drive, rev, n..so i put the carly obd2 reader on it and i get the code 4e20...can anyone help me as to where i can start to look for the problem?

hope you guys can help me with this

Thank You