BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW diagnostics and repair

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2018, 10:09 AM

Car: K1200GT
Unhappy Under 12v

Hello all, this is my first post on these forums.

A little background first. I just got Rheingold ISTA/d up and running on a laptop with a K+DCAN OBDII to USB connector and a OBD 10 pin to OBDII connector (links at bottom). The vehicle in question is a motorcycle, the 07 K1200 GT. While leaving the bike with the key on I use a 4 AMP battery tender to keep the battery from draining too low.

With that out of the way I'll go onto the issue (which is the title). Whenever I try to run a diagnostics procedure I get a warning stating that the battery is below 12v, plugin a battery charger (which when checked was at 12.3~) and then the diagnostics application will close back to the selection screen. I can still run a system check, clear codes, pull vehicle information, and run certain calibration procedures (for example: ESA calibration).

Is there anyway to bypass this or is something wrong on my hardware setup? I do enjoy the capabilities I can have with Rheingold and would like to do most of the work myself instead of taking it in to the dealer.

Also on a side note: somewhere else I saw this recommended. Would this be a viable solution? ([Only for registered users... ])

[Only for registered users... ]

[Only for registered users... ]

Last edited by goststriker; 03-21-2018 at 10:10 AM. Reason: new info

Tags
ista/d, k1200, motorcycle, rheingold, under 12v