BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW diagnostics and repair

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2012, 05:45 PM

Car: 2002 Bmw e65 730d
Default Very curious "SIM module" error on my e65 bmw Please read and help !

If I don't start the car for 2 ,3 or sometimes 4 days when I insert the key in the ignition the car will display a safety system airbag error. If i drive the car daily no error shows up on the MMI screen and also after diagnose the car is clean.
INPA describes the error in the SIM module "93DC Algorithmus-parameter inkonsistent"
DIS only reccommends to replace the SIM module but only if the error occurred otherwise shows the unit as perfect and without faults.
Sometimes there is a second error that i find with INPA reading the SIM module "9487 Keine Kommunication mit telefon".This error does not occur each time and only together with the other one.
I tried to disconnect the battery several times from 30 minutes to one hour and no error occurred upon reconnection.The error shows up only if the car stays not driven for more than two days. Sometimes on the fourth day was no error.
I tend to think that these errors are related to the moment when the car enters in sleep mode or because of a faulty battery, but why after 2 to 3 days ? The battery was replaced about a year ago (100ah leadľacid) but unfortunately only recently was registered as a 95ah battery because there is no option for 100ah and i think that 110ah is too much.Better less charged than over charged.
I can listen in the car music for about 15-20 minutes even after short drives without the recharge battery error to show up on the information display. I refuze to belive that the battery is damaged because was not registered for one year and about 5000 km. Few months ago the car started without hesitation at -25 Celsius after a 3 week stay in the snow.
There is one last thing that I noticed and I conclude with this.Is related to DIS program and the TCU unit and it may influence the SIM error occurrence without my knowledge.If I code the TCU unit as S630(car telephone with cordless receiver) as the older factory equipped unit then sss Progman will request to replace it with a different part number but DIS and INPA comunicates perfect with it.
On the other hand If i code it as S638(car telephone professional) as it was coded on the car from which I bought it SSS progman and INPA comuincate with the unit but when i start DIS it does not detect any phone as an option on the car (not blackened as other modules upon starting the vehicle reading). In both cases (s638, s630) the phone works flawless, INPA can read the module and the SIM error occurs as previously described.

Maybe you manage to help me understand what I do wrong or what is wrong with my car.