BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW diagnostics and repair

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By senorwillburr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2018, 03:04 AM

Car: BMW 650i
Default What's ista-d telling me???

I have a 2007 650i that won't run. The trouble started when I was getting a transmission fault error:
20170430_224305[1].jpg
Then, the car would shut off while driving and I'd have a hard time starting it. Each time it happened, it would get worse.
Now, the starter turns, but the engine won't start at all.
The battery is good and strong.
I took out the fuel pump to check it, because it wasn't turning on with the ignition, and it runs strong on 12 volts - so it isn't that.
A good guy I met on one of these forums, Herb, is "long-distance" helping me with the diagnosing of the issue with ISTA-D. First, I replaced the IVM, as many people in the forums were saying it would be the problem. Then, I deleted as many faults as possible with ISTA-D. I also got to the EWS and DME - CAS adjustments, but couldn't complete them and got the error message "SYS-0005: OBJECT FILE NOT FOUND". So, we ran into a dead end and I wonder if someone here has had the same issue and can help me by looking at this screen:
20180429_003347.jpg
Herb thinks there might be a cable interface issue, which prevents ISTA-D from reading all the ECUs, since he gets several more ECUs displayed in his tree, for his 07 750.
Could all this mean that I have to use a different cable, or perform a different process in ISTA-D, or replace all the units that apear in RED and yellow, or just replace one ECU?
I would appreciate very much any help here, obviously!!!
Will
jivakula likes this.

Tags
cas, dme, ecu, ista-d, ivm