BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming > BMW GT1, OPS/OPPS, INPA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2013, 12:27 PM

Car: X5 E53 sportpac diesel
Default After some help with a corrupted DSC module

Hi, I'm really hoping that someone is able to give some pointers about what my next step should be with the corrupted DSC module in my X5.

The back story: I had set out to update the DSC module in WinKFP 5.1 after updating the trans module. It failed pretty quickly, and from that point on, it's been corrupted and I've had no luck in flashing the ECU back to a working state. As well as trying WinKFP, I've also tried using Progman v32 to either replace the module (with itself), or program it.

Going into Toolset 32, if I read the flash programming status, it returns a status of 7 - "flash programming active". I understand that this status needs to be 1 to flash the ECU, how do I get it back into this state?

I also notice that there is a flash reset (flash_loeschen) job in Toolset 32, can this be used to get the flash programming status to change from 7 to 1? If so, how? I tried to generate the 24-bit binary buffer that this job needs, but I couldn't get a binary buffer to produce a test result of anything other than "error_data_type", which means it's not actually sending any kind of reset signal to the ECU.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated as the car is pretty unusable at the moment!

Old 08-04-2013, 07:16 AM

With a bit more research and guidance, I should be able to rectify this by flashing in Expert mode in WinKFP. Only problem is, I'm missing the programming data files used by Expert mode - the .0PA, .PAF, .0BA, .BAF, .0DA and .DAF files. I've got Daten versions 41, 46.3 and 47.1 for my E53, none of which have these programming files.

If anyone is able to provide a source for these programming files, I'd be highly greatful!
Old 08-11-2013, 08:35 AM

This has now been fixed. I was provided with a copy of the v50.2 daten files, which had the necessary flash data files that I referred to above. The end result was the same though, the ECU would refuse to be flashed in WinKFP.

In desperation, I went to see my auto electrician mate, who has a GT1 and Progman v37. Updating the module using his setup had the desired effect.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:19 PM

Car: 2008 BMW M3 E93

I tried to change the UIF of my CIC and ended up flashing it in comfort mode using

ECU : 62 or 67
PADB: 08010408CI62F1.IPO
P-SGBD: 33CI62F1_10.PRG

The flashing froze and crashed before completing. And now when I boot up the CIC it does not come up. I can hear its fans go off but it is unresponsive. I am guessing I messed it up while flashing. One more data point, under ISTA/P its programming status is 12. I am not sure what that means. In any case, I have ICOM A+B and have ISTA/P, Progman, WinKFP. Do you know how I can rescue my CIC?

Tags
flash, programming, tool32, toolset32