BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming > BMW GT1, OPS/OPPS, INPA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2011, 06:59 PM

Car: BMW E39 540iA Touring
Default BMW Progman

after hours and hours of work i have finaly made BMW Progman to work. Now i need some manual for it, anyone has it? To be honest i would like to put LCM III in my car (my car has LCM II) with facelift headlights. Now i need to connect used LCM III with other components of my car using BMW Progman. Anyone know how to do that?

Thank You in advance

Old 09-21-2011, 05:47 AM

Car: BMW

If you are trying to install used LCM you need to write VIN and milage in your ecu. After that you need to code it. It may be done only with PAsoft scanner or programmator. If LCM is new you only need to code your ecu. Better it may be done by NCSExpert tool.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:09 AM

Car: BMW E39 540iA Touring

Problem solved...

After few days of investigation i have found that changing generation of LCMs is not possible. So, used LCM III i bought with tail lights is useles for me.... But i have managed to build own ballast for LED tail lights. Here is scheme: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...edballast.jpg/

Upper scheme is for stock (before FL) tail lights, lower one is FL tail lights.
Be aware that resistors are very warm when current flows, so take care of your fingers and where they will be fixed inside the trunk. Which wire is which i will not say because there is possibility of differences in color in models and years. Use some instrument to find out. Finally, if you have LCM II (as i do) in your car you can build your own ballasts to make FL tail lights work without buying new LCM. If you have LCM III in your car all you have to do is to use RETROFIT option when you program it.

P.S.
Evgeny tnx for reply, your info is correct, but it is usable for cars equipped with LCM III (when upgrade to FL tail light)... If i put LCM III in my car i would have to make some modification on side indicators and high beam lights switch and i would lose some indications on IKE (like engine temp warning, oil level warning and so on...) because signal pins positions on LCM III and LCM II are different. If i write my VIN and milage in new LCM i would just turned off red dot at milage on IKE. LCM III have already built in BALLASTS option (RETROFIT option in coding menu)....

regards and gl if anyone use this scheme....