BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming > BMW GT1, OPS/OPPS, INPA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2012, 08:05 AM

Car: M3
Default e46 M3 Problem with NCSexpert

So I bought a OBD II package from ebay with also come with some software. It comes with standard tools 2.3.0. The winkfp in this ver doesn't work when I tried to load up the v41 daten to upgrade the SMG software. However I did get the SMG software upgrade to work if i use the winkfp that comes with standard tool 2.11.0 (as discussed in terraphm guide).

Problem is that the standard tools 2.11.0 i have does not come with the complete INPA package so it's only good for upgrade the SMG. I couldn't get the INPA or NCSexpert to really work

the older standard tools 2.3.0 does have a complete INPA package installed. I got this older INPA to work. But still having problem getting NCS expert to work.

After choosing the expertmode profile in NCS expert, and then F1 then F3, and select chassic E46, I get this box :

Which one should I choose?

Also, I heard if you use win7, you need to have xp mode to run ncsexpert? So that's like the actually xp virtualization mode and not just enabling xp compatibility under the property, compatibility box?

If anyone got ncsexpert to work properly, much appreciated talking with you. thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic1.jpg (95.8 KB, 21 views)