BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming > BMW GT1, OPS/OPPS, INPA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 02:11 AM

Car: bmw
Default E60 - Replacement CCC coding

Hi Guys,

Quick question, whats the procedure for re-coding a 2nd hand CCC unit to an E60 2005 with NCS?

The cars original CCC failed and a newer 2006 CCC replacement has been fitted The original CCC had Hifi audio whereas the newer one doesn't so i need to re-activate Hifi audio option too on the unit.

Although I am getting familiar with NCS expert and dummy.. I would really appreciate some guidance with regards to the VO and which coding values to be changed on which ecu as i am not able to dig this info out (have searched for ageees, promise!)

Many thanks

Last edited by n0v0s; 10-07-2012 at 02:16 AM.

Old 10-07-2012, 02:13 AM

Car: bmw

A bit of background if you can be bothered to read,

My dads 2005 E60 530d recently had its CCC system fail. The car has the hifi sound system fitted. He replaced the CCC with a 2nd hand unit known to be working. It is from a newer 2006/07 pre facelift e60 which i think had normal non-hifi audio.

When fitted, it worked fine in my dads car without ANY programming. But the sound was flat with no bass as i'm assuming it wasn't using the hifi amp. Everything else worked fine, it even had the bonus of having MP3 playback capability (which the old one never)..

However, this replacement unit stopped working after 2 weeks. It goes blank but can be brought back to life by holding the volume and eject button. It does not play ANY sound at all though now. Is this because its failed electrically or is it that it now has reached some sort of timer where it needs re-coding to the vehicle? I hoping the later as its cost quite a lot.

I'm in the UK if it makes any difference to coding, using NCS 3.08, EDIABAS 6.4.7
Old 09-17-2014, 05:52 AM

Car: BMW 545i
Default also need some guidence

I too need some guidence. I read forums where people code and recode but haven't found some step by step directions. .... any aid is appreciated here... I can compensate for ur time we