BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming > BMW GT1, OPS/OPPS, INPA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 12:33 PM

Car: X1 E91
Default E84 Xenon coding issues...Please Help!!

Hi all, really eed some helo and advice here. Ive fitted genuine xenons to a 2010 X1 E84 model, added extra ground wires and connected pin 5 from headlamps to pin 41 on FRM as per wiring diagrams.

Someone has remote coded the car with VO $522 to tell the car has xenons but has caused a few other errors:

1. xenons work as normal with low beam but no high beam is available when stalk is pulled.
2. high beam works as flash to pass when xenons are off ( this only activates the low beam feature not the shutter)
3. shutters do not operate at all ( have been told i need to bridge pin 5 and 6 at connector but still no joy)
4. Angel eyes used to come on but only the left one and the right would be very intermittant and be mostly off now they dont come on at all.
5. again advised to link left AE to right AE; tried this and worked for a short while and now i have a permanent 'short circuit' showing in INPA even though i have removed the offending wire. I believe this is why they are off completely now.
6. the rear lights do not work except for the number plate lights.

He has set the car back to halogens and asked me to get the car into the dealer to reset the module which is not as easy as it sounds as they will simply say 'new module is needed', 'xenons dont belong on car etc etc'

Ive managed to read up on programming etc and can recode it and edit MAN files so please advise as to what i can do to get these working.

if someone is willing to go online and sort this for me im happy to make a donation to them.

many thanks