BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming > BMW GT1, OPS/OPPS, INPA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2011, 04:56 PM

Car: Range Rover 4.4V8M62 BMW E63 E46 E60 e87
Default Help me DIS V57 with Range Rover M62

Hi! I hope to find a solution to use dis v57 with my Range Rover BMW M62 Engine, because I need coding and access to car memory menu. I m ready to work fine with all My bmseries (diag. and coding with inpa/dis /sss progmnan )also I can read/clear error and + live data on Range Rover bmw system, but it's impossible coding for me, because system try search ZCS / FA code and cant't find it because is Land Rover and not BMW.
At this point I would like to try with your help as some Following possibilities:

1-Bypass ZCS chek in DIS Option ... if possible
2-create a customize ZCS (with my real vin and options to put in the file folder where DIS read zcs code)
3-USE encoding option on DIS to ZCS / FA Coding (but I think that will erase all land rover original code? I'M fear ..

anyone know the file to edit, where DIS look for chassis numbers and characteristics, so MY BE CAN I insert VIN and all ECU of my car

how?
is a feasible way? what do you think?
There is a software coding BMW, which does not check the code ZCS, (although it does NCSExpert and SSSProgman)
waiting for all best advice thanks...

for those who do not know, BMW X5 E53 ENGINE 4.4M62 is the same car as Range Rover L322 M62 4.4 ENGINE. and embedded with exact same ECU

Last edited by andrew.aa; 08-14-2011 at 05:07 PM. Reason: some errors

Old 08-17-2011, 01:32 PM

Car: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew.aa View Post
Hi! I hope to find a solution to use dis v57 with my Range Rover BMW M62 Engine, because I need coding and access to car memory menu. I m ready to work fine with all My bmseries (diag. and coding with inpa/dis /sss progmnan )also I can read/clear error and + live data on Range Rover bmw system, but it's impossible coding for me, because system try search ZCS / FA code and cant't find it because is Land Rover and not BMW.
At this point I would like to try with your help as some Following possibilities:

1-Bypass ZCS chek in DIS Option ... if possible
2-create a customize ZCS (with my real vin and options to put in the file folder where DIS read zcs code)
3-USE encoding option on DIS to ZCS / FA Coding (but I think that will erase all land rover original code? I'M fear ..

anyone know the file to edit, where DIS look for chassis numbers and characteristics, so MY BE CAN I insert VIN and all ECU of my car

how?
is a feasible way? what do you think?
There is a software coding BMW, which does not check the code ZCS, (although it does NCSExpert and SSSProgman)
waiting for all best advice thanks...

for those who do not know, BMW X5 E53 ENGINE 4.4M62 is the same car as Range Rover L322 M62 4.4 ENGINE. and embedded with exact same ECU
andrew.aa the ZCS code calculating\decalculating info stored in file ExxZST.000. Open it with notepad (I think E53ZST.000 you need). You can try to add new data with your car model year, ECUs, coding index etc. And I think if you have sucsess DIS will understand your car as X5 E53. But I'm not sure what ZCS structure in Range Rover same as in BMW E53. Could you post your ZCS here (you may do this by PM). I try to help you.

Last edited by Evgeny; 08-18-2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:22 PM

Thanks so much for your reply and interest.but I m not understand where is exxzcs.000 file because I have only exxzcsut.000 file in daten folder.
About my ZCS i can post it without problem, but I don't know what you need exactly!!pls explain to me..thanks..
Old 08-18-2011, 09:36 AM

about Range Rover code , I think my be that ZCS structure like for bmw because T4 Testbook for Land Rover has the same structure and file type of edibas for bmw , and the sames files,
Old 08-18-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
about Range Rover code , I think my be that ZCS structure like for bmw because T4 Testbook for Land Rover has the same structure and file type of edibas for bmw , and the sames files,
Today I try to understand how I can to edit ExxZST.000 files. First problem is how to calculate checksum of file. But after that I googling and find old version of Land Rover T4 Mobile Plus and I saw there well known EDIABAS, NCSExpert and coding files. In this version are Rover75, L30 files etc, but no L322. I try to find newest version of T4, but i don't have sucsess. If you have it let me know. I think it is possible to add coding files into DIS.

Last edited by Evgeny; 08-18-2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:02 PM

I belive that L30 is correct because my RangeRover is L30 series exactly, moreover where I try coding with sss Progman , reply is : not possible operate with L30 series, I will that you can see also at : [Only for registered users... ]
Old 08-18-2011, 10:41 PM

Quote:
I belive that L30 is correct because my RangeRover is L30 series exactly, moreover where I try coding with sss Progman , reply is : not possible operate with L30 series, I will that you can see also at : [Only for registered users... ]
There are not L30 files, it's mistake:( There are only R40 and RJO coding files.
I found newer T4 Mobile CD's, but it's have another system. EDIABAS still present there, but there are no any coding files. Also in EDIABAS configuration file (EDIABAS.ini) type of interface is VCS, but when I upgrading T4 from RDS 5.06 to RDS 7.06 the interface changed to VNET. Does it mean that Ediabas still in use May be it's possible to use EDIABAS from BMW with OBD-interface?
Also I used utilites from BMW that can calculate ZCS (it's name ZEKO) but it give me error message, something about wrong data in ZST file. That's mean that ZST-files from Rover are different...
In attached file some info about ZCS in BMW.
If you need I will upload the CD with T4 software.
Now I think it will be easy way to change ZCS of your car to ZCS from BMW. But I still seeking a solution. By the way, NCSExpert are reading any ecu of your car?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 06_Vehicle_Coding_Information.pdf (291.0 KB, 138 views)

Last edited by Evgeny; 08-18-2011 at 10:44 PM.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:43 AM

You are a real BIG Man...I think R40 and RJO are Rover Models File and not Land Rover,..do you have MGROVER t4 (for MGROVER Models)? if so, You need T4 for Land Rover.Otherwise I don't know...
I belive that also is different, BWW is ZCS and for L322 Land Rover Is LCS, as in linked thread rangerovers.net.Are you sure that your T4 is for LAnd Rove and not for Rover?
I thin about change my whatever code, with a ZCS Bmw code can be erase all data stored for land rover diagnostic software (like t4). My be this is not important for me , but if I will need ??

'' May be it's possible to use EDIABAS from BMW with OBD-interface?'' what you mean? with Range Rover? yes but only for read/clear error and manually mode not autoconfig.

''By the way, NCSExpert are reading any ecu of your car?'' NCSExpert has the same problem of sss progman and DIS , can't find zcs code or key code ... the only possible coding , is by INPA and only for air suspension calibration...

I see hard way but not impossible .
with Dis diagnosis is possible insert car model and optionals also in manual mode, and read ecu step by step , why coding not possible?

Last edited by andrew.aa; 08-19-2011 at 11:06 AM.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:01 AM

Andrew, how about NCSexpert? Are you car ident?
Old 08-19-2011, 12:21 PM

NCS can read MY VIN but after this, THE message : vin is faulty...or if in auto mode read vin the vin display and if you try read ecu error 1080 faulty coding key (zcs)

Last edited by andrew.aa; 08-19-2011 at 12:25 PM.