BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming > BMW GT1, OPS/OPPS, INPA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2011, 12:44 PM

Car: Range Rover 4.4V8M62 BMW E63 E46 E60

I'm sorry but Im a little confused and maybe we do not understand, I have already:
1.daten/e53/gm3_e53.c04 file make changhes
2.selected: FSW \ PSW-Manipulate with FSW_PSW.MAN and all ok

but in .MAN FILE I haven't any
SERVO_KENNL_GESCHW
kennline_01
present only:
SERVOTRONIK
aktive
HOW CAN ADD:SERVO_KENNL_GESCHW
kennline_01

with ncsexpert? I need connect car?
I thik to use BMW soft for Range RoVER not very easy and can also get problem at the car , because the system has the same ecu but all with different configuration,right?
Old 08-23-2011, 02:36 PM

Car: BMW

In .MAN file are what you are write there :) Simply add your data to file. [Only for registered users... ] some docs about coding with NCSExpert.
Quote:
with ncsexpert? I need connect car?
Yes, after you make changes you must code your car to put coding data to car. May be I badly explained it :)
Quote:
I thik to use BMW soft for Range RoVER not very easy and can also get problem at the car , because the system has the same ecu but all with different configuration,right?
I think so, but you reached what you are want.:)
The Following User Says Thank You to Evgeny For This Useful Post:
andrew.aa (08-23-2011)
Old 08-23-2011, 02:55 PM

ok thanks , Servotronik problem solved (now steering not hard to handle,,,:D ok) but with another procedure..., jast chanhe value on daten /e53/gm3_e53.c04 file.

So I have a problem now :
encoding Range Rover with this system procedure , isn't correct , and many time value want change in automatic at execute job start time.why? I DON'T KNOW.
For example, my firs gm3 encoding, after ended, the steering (electric) was return inside an all interior light are going off/on , now the encoding time is too much short of the first time and with many errors.
Can you belive tthat can find a method with good procedure?
Old 08-24-2011, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew.aa View Post
ok thanks , Servotronik problem solved (now steering not hard to handle,,,:D ok) but with another procedure..., jast chanhe value on daten /e53/gm3_e53.c04 file.

So I have a problem now :
encoding Range Rover with this system procedure , isn't correct , and many time value want change in automatic at execute job start time.why? I DON'T KNOW.
For example, my firs gm3 encoding, after ended, the steering (electric) was return inside an all interior light are going off/on , now the encoding time is too much short of the first time and with many errors.
Can you belive tthat can find a method with good procedure?
May be it was because you code all car (by pressing button "Code Car"), because in this time you code "by default" all ECU in your car with ZCS what you are choose before. The light on/off are going then you are coding LCM module. Right procedure is then you are code ECU what you need by choosing it. You are solved all your problem with car?
Old 08-24-2011, 11:57 AM

Thumbs up

No ..no !!I m sure , only one ecu module at time, never ''code car'' also impossible for me because KOMBI and IHKA and EWS with NCSExpert can't read.

however:
we assess the situation,
The discussion was to use with DIS V57 Range Rover, but we switched to NCSEXpert for encoding.
The first time encoded GM3 ecu time coding was about 10sec.

Now always 2 sec. and after ended ,when read gm3 ecu from nettodat.trc generated by NCS Expert, I found different value from my FSW_PSW.MAN file generated by NCS .
My encoding procedure is :

1: Open Ncs and read ecu to generate nettdat.trc file in Work folder
2 open dummy ncs and select :chassis(e53)+ecu (gm3_c04)+ nettodata trace file (from work folder)
3 change value that I need and export by ''editor functions'' nettodat.man + FSW_PSW.MAN in Work folder after delete same present file

now open NCS EXpert and load expertmode profile:

1:Insert zcs manual mode by your vin-gm-sa-vn (if you can send me another one updated with all my car optionals. I m very happy)
2: check job name :sg codieren
3:click process ecu (not process car) than select ecu (gm3 il this case) and check display say ''get encoded''
4:connect usb kk-l cable to obd2 (I can't connect before, because if so, ncs read my vin and get error mssge)
5:click execute job (after 2 sec. is ready and say coding ended.

But after all , if you go read by NCS the gm3 ecu and than open, the generated file, value are different from file exported first time from dummy, I dont know why.
the first coding procedure , when we have started this thread, was perfect.

Can be because in profile Expertmode I have not selected FSW/PSW Manipulate with FSW_PSW.MAN?

Can i change value on all daten/e53/ files , with Range Rover value??also for ews/kmb/lcm etc.. and if so, how can? with notepad is difficult also because I don't understand German language , but I think also possible change gm/sa/vn/ value..
I believe that we can find a solution to use easy, NCSEXPERT (my be also dis v57) with Range Rover, and many people also in your Country will be very happy

Last edited by andrew.aa; 08-24-2011 at 12:00 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:27 AM

Quote:
No ..no !!I m sure , only one ecu module at time, never ''code car'' also impossible for me because KOMBI and IHKA and EWS with NCSExpert can't read.

however:
we assess the situation,
The discussion was to use with DIS V57 Range Rover, but we switched to NCSEXpert for encoding.
Yes, we are swithed to NCSExpert , but no solution to use DIS yet.
We will try to find it.
Quote:
The first time encoded GM3 ecu time coding was about 10sec.

Now always 2 sec. and after ended ,when read gm3 ecu from nettodat.trc generated by NCS Expert, I found different value from my FSW_PSW.MAN file generated by NCS .
My encoding procedure is :

1: Open Ncs and read ecu to generate nettdat.trc file in Work folder
2 open dummy ncs and select :chassis(e53)+ecu (gm3_c04)+ nettodata trace file (from work folder)
3 change value that I need and export by ''editor functions'' nettodat.man + FSW_PSW.MAN in Work folder after delete same present file

now open NCS EXpert and load expertmode profile:

1:Insert zcs manual mode by your vin-gm-sa-vn (if you can send me another one updated with all my car optionals. I m very happy)
2: check job name :sg codieren
3:click process ecu (not process car) than select ecu (gm3 il this case) and check display say ''get encoded''
4:connect usb kk-l cable to obd2 (I can't connect before, because if so, ncs read my vin and get error mssge)
5:click execute job (after 2 sec. is ready and say coding ended.

But after all , if you go read by NCS the gm3 ecu and than open, the generated file, value are different from file exported first time from dummy, I dont know why.
the first coding procedure , when we have started this thread, was perfect.

Can be because in profile Expertmode I have not selected FSW/PSW Manipulate with FSW_PSW.MAN?
Of course your data will be different, because your .man file is no processed. In this situation you code your ECU by ZCS settings.

Quote:
Can i change value on all daten/e53/ files , with Range Rover value??also for ews/kmb/lcm etc.. and if so, how can? with notepad is difficult also because I don't understand German language , but I think also possible change gm/sa/vn/ value..
I believe that we can find a solution to use easy, NCSEXPERT (my be also dis v57) with Range Rover, and many people also in your Country will be very happy
Yes you can change values the same way. I don't understand German language too, but google helps me sometimes ;)

I try to calculate new ZCS for you. I'll post it here.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:23 AM

Thank you for your kind responses, I wanted to ask:
what this means;

''Of course your data will be different, because your .man file is no processed. In this situation you code your ECU by ZCS settings.''

means that returns to its original fabric configuration, and if so why all the values ​​are wrong?
after last 2 encoding, I Notice that the battery drain and fast Came Down to 9v Also if connected pc at car just 2 min. could be due to problems in coding?or what's other now?
Old 08-25-2011, 08:21 AM

Hi, I find attached image.
as you can see , GM/SA/VN is for RANGE ROVER L322.(like BMW CODE)
ONLY Chassis N.different.

If you insert these codes GM 438300007 SA 2080049F81934042F VN0D042842C5H
in ncsexpert and with your chassis (N.WBAFB3355LH071552) all ecu in NCS will be differents (try see it)
This means that:
1. The code (GM SA VN) is confirmed to be same for BMW and Land Rover
2. The ECU modules Fitted on Range Rover are the same of E38 and and not E53 .... right?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg range rover zcs.jpg (184.5 KB, 48 views)

Last edited by andrew.aa; 08-25-2011 at 08:23 AM.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Thank you for your kind responses, I wanted to ask:
what this means;

''Of course your data will be different, because your .man file is no processed. In this situation you code your ECU by ZCS settings.''

means that returns to its original fabric configuration, and if so why all the values ​​are wrong?
Yes, I mean, that the settings of ECU returned to configuration by ZCS - year, country specific settings (seat belt warnig, selective open etc), ECUs generation (LCM3 or LCM4 etc), coding index of ECU.
You can see that in ZST.000 file:
Code:
               GM           SA             VN
H LCM4 N0302 00000000 0000000000000000 0000000080 1 LCM_IV //Einsatz LCM.C20 mit integrierter LWR
This example shows what LCM4 installed in car.

What you means that values are wrong?

Quote:
after last 2 encoding, I Notice that the battery drain and fast Came Down to 9v Also if connected pc at car just 2 min. could be due to problems in coding?or what's other now?
You need to check your battery. It may be a problem with coding.

Quote:
Hi, I find attached image.
as you can see , GM/SA/VN is for RANGE ROVER L322.(like BMW CODE)
ONLY Chassis N.different.

If you insert these codes GM 438300007 SA 2080049F81934042F VN0D042842C5H
in ncsexpert and with your chassis (N.WBAFB3355LH071552) all ecu in NCS will be differents (try see it)
This means that:
1. The code (GM SA VN) is confirmed to be same for BMW and Land Rover
2. The ECU modules Fitted on Range Rover are the same of E38 and and not E53 .... right?
No, it no so. The ZCS for each series are different.[Only for registered users... ] to calculate BMWs ZCS. It helps you understand how to ZCS changing for different series.

By the way, I try to find any info in TestBook Diagnostic system for Land Rover. And found data in Documentation folder, but I don't know how to use it with NCSexpert o DIS. I found:

This files I have before, but some files not. Then I saw l30zst.000 file I was happy, but exploring it I found what it's are different from BMW XXzst.000 file:( But may be it helps us to do our own file for NCS\DIS.... If you want I'll upload it.

Last edited by Evgeny; 08-26-2011 at 06:18 AM.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:27 AM

Car: l322 range rover

Hi,

Sorry if i am hijacking this thread at all, but i too have an m62 engined 2002 range rover and am trying to work out how to perform some coding.

I have the full suite of software (ediabas, inpa, dis, sss, ncs expert etc) and can happily communicate with the car using INPA. I would love to be able to perform some simple coding, but do not fully understand where you guys have got to so far.

I am pretty IT literate, as i have been working in IT as a programmer and systems designer for 10+ years.

My first mission is to change a setting on the DSP amplifier, as i know i can communicate with it via INPA and run the diagnostic tests, set loudness on and off etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The one thing i do not want to do though is in any way upset the coding of any other modules if i were to try coding just the DSP amp.

Thanks

Steve