BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming > BMW GT1, OPS/OPPS, INPA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2011, 11:35 PM

Car: 328i
Default Setting up inpa for ads

Hello Guys,

I need to diagnose my ABS module on my e36 328i 1998 and I realised that I will need an ADS interface thus i bought it. The problem I am facing is whenever i start inpa it crashes because i changed the std:obd to std:ads in c:\EDIABAS\bin\EDIABAS and c:\EDIABAS\bin\obd

my question is, is that all i need to do to tell the software to run using ads ?

secondly, My laptop does not have a com port, so i have a pcmcia and usb to serial com port. after researching i realized that usb won't work with serial ads and pcmcia may work if a resource tab can be seen on the driver page.

I can not see the resource tab on my pcmcia and the windows recognised it as usb to serial although it is a pcmcia. so what pcmcia with what chipset should i buy to make it work with ads ?

thanks for all of ur helps

Old 10-07-2011, 07:06 AM

Car: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by linux44 View Post
Hello Guys,

I need to diagnose my ABS module on my e36 328i 1998 and I realised that I will need an ADS interface thus i bought it. The problem I am facing is whenever i start inpa it crashes because i changed the std:obd to std:ads in c:\EDIABAS\bin\EDIABAS and c:\EDIABAS\bin\obd

my question is, is that all i need to do to tell the software to run using ads ?

secondly, My laptop does not have a com port, so i have a pcmcia and usb to serial com port. after researching i realized that usb won't work with serial ads and pcmcia may work if a resource tab can be seen on the driver page.

I can not see the resource tab on my pcmcia and the windows recognised it as usb to serial although it is a pcmcia. so what pcmcia with what chipset should i buy to make it work with ads ?

thanks for all of ur helps
Your mistake is that you set up std:ads. Where are no such interface in ediabas. Only ADS, just try to read documetation.;)
For ADS you need hardware COM-port, not emulator. Try to find it.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:38 PM

Car: BMW

What PCMCIA adapter do you use?