BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming > BMW GT1, OPS/OPPS, INPA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2014, 04:37 PM

Car: BMW's
Default Sucessful install of INPA\EDIABAS on Win 7 64bit????

Ive bought a laptop (windows 7 64bit) and cable, downloaded software and all types of stuff. For 3days ive been tryna install following several step both from youtube and forums nd still have no luck. Im stuck on page 25/55 of BMW DIS V57, SSS PROGMAN V32 & TIS V8 Installation Procedure when is says to open "INPA (.IPO) I get a error," The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. etc." Agian, ive tried every step found online and cant seem to get past the part. Im to the point Id make a good donation to anyone that can help me get this installed and working properly on my laptop. PM Me ASAP!!!!

Old 06-07-2014, 01:37 PM

Car: E82

I recently updated my OS from XP to 7-64bit and had some issues getting the standard tools to install but finally figured it out.
Download and install windows virtual machine:
[Only for registered users... ]

Be sure to read the xp mode installation instructions carefully checking for compatibility and BIOS settings as needed. When it's installed, run the "windows XP mode" program from the start menu. From the XP mode window perform the INPA installation as described in the sticky on this forum. When complete, close out XP mode and run the program of your choice (INPA, NCSExpert, etc.) by going to the start menu and selecting
Windows virtual PC>>Windows XP mode applications>>BMW standard tools>>INPA (XP mode)
Old 06-25-2014, 11:59 PM

Car: e46 330

It will work. This is what i followed
Old 09-28-2016, 09:50 PM

Car: 530d

i ran it by right-clicking the installation .exe file, and selecting, 'run as windows 7'. Seems to work. I'm running windows 10 64bit