BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming > BMW GT1, OPS/OPPS, INPA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2013, 05:28 AM

Car: e46 300d touring
Default Use of OPPS interface with E90/91

I have been successfully using SSS Progman and DIS with my e46. I have coded modules when I have replaced them with new ones to fix a problem etc.

I now have an e91 and I am thinking about buying the big orange/yellow optical interface called OPPS.

I have a couple of questions that I was hoping I could get some advice on:
1). where is the optical MOST port? I was told it was behind the glove box, but I can't see it.
2). Is there any other way to code using SSS without the OPPS interface. I am not too keen on using NCS, and would rather stick with SSS, so I think I need the OPPS box.

Basically, I would like to know what is the best way to access all the features of SSS and DIS with my new e91 car. I would rather go with these pieces of software, but if there are other hardware/software solutions, it would be great if you could advise me what they are.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:02 AM

OK, I have found the port its a square cover in the passenger footwell. So the question is should I buy the OPPS or OPS interface. I can get an OPPS from China for around 300, and the OPS is less. If anyone knows of anything better, then please let me know.
Thanks
Old 07-05-2013, 03:39 PM

Car: Z4M
Default Don't waste your money on an OPPS

I had the same issue. I have a GT1 with SSS and DIS. I worked great in my E46 and E85. I bought an E90 and wanted to do some programming on it. So I bought an OPPS unit... The OPPS unit worked fine for DIS but not SSS. SSS is only good for cars made before Sept 2008 and if your car has been updated by the dealer with newer software, it will not recognize the car. I ended up using NCS and it works great.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:47 PM

Car: 2007 335

Get the icom a+B+C. It will have every interface connection needed to connect
Old 08-20-2013, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cn555ic View Post
Get the icom a+B+C. It will have every interface connection needed to connect
I bought the ICOM A B and C, and the diagnosis is excellent. I have a problem with the programming though. It seems it is not connecting to the car, and one of the lights does not illuminate on the MOST interface. I have sent it back to the supplier to see if they can find the issue.

Before I did that though, I ran the ISTA -P and it flags loads of things in orange, and a couple in red that it says need replacing. It seems that I would have to execute those measures before it will allow me to code anything else.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:11 AM
Banned

Car: e90 330i

There are some tricks.you can do for red dot in measure plan.If you dont want to replace it. for example.you can remove vo or disable it.then ista/p wont detect these ecus.and process
programming,coding. after finished update. you can put it back.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yushow5069 View Post
There are some tricks.you can do for red dot in measure plan.If you dont want to replace it. for example.you can remove vo or disable it.then ista/p wont detect these ecus.and process
programming,coding. after finished update. you can put it back.
Thanks for letting me know this trick. As it turns out, I have done some more research, and it looks like the Telematics control unit might have failed because 2 of the media related items say they need replacing. They both work fine, so BMW are going to change the TCU under warranty. I am also unable to programme the car at all, as it says it is not connected to the MOST port. BMW agree with me that it is likely the TCU.
I might need your trick in the future though, so thanks!!

Tags
dis, opps, sss