BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming > BMW ISIS, ICOM A+B+C, Esys

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2017, 07:03 AM

Car: BMW E70
Default E70 - CIC firmware update failed

Hi everyone!
Great forum, congrats to everyone involved in this.

I have an E70 April 2010. I run into trouble the other days with my CIC unit. I made the mistake to program and code the full car with ISTA/P 3.59 in the proper order done by the measurment plan (63, 62, A0). iCOM A and iCOM B (MOST) connected, EDIABAS MOST_ASYNCH_ab625. My iCOM is a clone one updated firmware (bootimage 01-25-02 and application 01-40-05). Used proper power supply during programming, voltage never drop below 14 V.
During programming of BO unit something happend with my iCOM B because the MOST led was off and the SYSTEM light became red. It was the first time when I used the iCOM B even though I bought in 2013.

What is the actual state:

CIC unit will not boot, is stuck in programming mode, the fan is at full speed. When I connect the iCOM A + B folowing the proper order (switch ignition on, preconnect iCOM B with A via USB and connect to fiber optic port), the SYSTEM and MOST lights switch briefly to red and then to green. The fiber optic from iCOM B switch to red for 2 seconds. Connecting or not the ethernet cable to PC, the lights remain green for approx. 1 minute and then the SYSTEM light is red and will stay red. Today I was fast enough to run INPA while the MOST was working and I've been able to read the unit list before the system light became red again. I guess my settings are OK for MOST_ASYNC_ab625. (see attachment).
If I try again after 2 minutes to check the Identification with INPA, the program get stuck and communication with car is not possible anymore till I restart the iCOM A + B.
I tried also with MOST_ASYNC but I got the same behaviour. While I start using the MOST bus, something happen. The fiber optic cables under glove compartment, one is red permanently and one is off (this because the ring is not closed I guess).
Unfortunatelly, I did not stress tested the iCOM B with Tool32 before. I tried it now but it get stuck and return 'Unit could not be identified'.
iCOM A is working fine because I could programm and code the other modules.
iCOM is not a cheap clone, is written ACTIA.

My question:
Is this behaviour of iCOM B normal? Could this be from my ediabas.ini or remote.ini settings?

I don't have the possibility to test with another car and also I can't find around me another iCOM B to test it. First I want to make sure that the iCOM B is working and then I can proceed further with the flash.
If required I can upload the EDIABAS.INI and REMOTE.INI.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170305_140307[1].jpg (91.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 20170305_140311[1].jpg (98.4 KB, 17 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf INPA-MOST Connection identification.pdf (4.5 KB, 21 views)