BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming > BMW ISIS, ICOM A+B+C, Esys

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2016, 10:52 PM

Car: 550i
Default ICOM - ISTA-D/ISTA-P "Connect" grayed out

All, I'm sure some of you must have run into this issue but I could not really find it via search.

I had a full setup on my laptop from before but it died so now i have a new dell that I have setup wth the latest ISTA D/P versions and have got most of the setup done.

If i connect the ICOM A2 via ethernet/LAN, I can get as far as clicking on vehicle identification but then I see a screen which displays all the connected devices, and it even shows KL.15 voltage from the car on it and I can see it changing and the ICOM A2 green LED flashing overtime its reading the voltage.

But I can never get the connect button at the bottom to become clickable meaning it stays grayed no matter how/where I click or select the connected device. So i cannot read the vehicle VIN etc and start using the tool.

Any guidance what step I might have missed in the setup?

Much Appreciated!