BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming > BMW ISIS, ICOM A+B+C, Esys

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2014, 01:27 AM

Car: ALL
Default icom/istap coding /programing issues

Hi all, so im working on a 2006 X5 E-53, I have been trying to recoded the general module to hopefully fix an issue with the m,ulti info display(clock not setting), well after coding the general module, and trying to code the kombi, the kombi failed, I ended up with a ses and a dtc 123 map cooling, and parking aid pdc code 22 for front center transducer and rear gate lid code for relay sticking, and kombi codes for the dong t 1,2,3 in the kombi
now the gate dosnt open or close, when I push the upper gate button nothing happens, whenm u push the lower gate button the upper gate latch clicks,
the parking aid no longer works when put in reverse. and the interior lights are stuck on, ohh ya after coding entire car, now my climate control is in c instead of f, and the tach no longer works
How does one no if what there coding is right, and why does the icom not code some modules if there is a dtc,
I have programmed a lot of different cars in my time and so far BMW is by far the most problematic, any help on these operations would be greatly appreciated
thanks phil

Old 05-19-2014, 05:24 PM

Car: 2011 F11

Hi Phil,

I googled coding and found instructions for the BMW tech's when using ista/p etc. there meant to connect battery to charger, document all owner facing customisations (radio stations, navi addresses, seat position etc.) read & clear all dtc's then perform programming. manual states programming may fail if dtc's present or if battery <13v while coding. Last step is to replace all customer facing customisations. as car can be whichever country, I suppose this would include temp c or f. as for issues post coding, manual also states to leave car for upto 30 minutes after coding for all modules to enter rest state. any modules which don't have rest state could be an issue. google "ista/p programming guide" and first result should be a very long PDF with your answers in. (sorry not sure if can link to other forums etc)

Tags
coding, icom, issues, ista/d, problems