BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming > BMW ISIS, ICOM A+B+C, Esys

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2012, 11:11 PM

Car: 1991 e34
Default ISTA Installer Process

Had a question about the ISTA Installer process, seems to be taking a very long time to start up. I'm very new to the ICOM and using it through the bmwtechinfo website. A few weeks ago we got the tool up and running after about an 8 hour installation process. After that the typical start up time for ISTA seemed to be only 10-15 mins. Today though the ISTA installer process has beening running for about 3 hours. Seems like it is either re-installing or downloading some kind of large update. I was able to start up ISTA/P not problem in the normal amount of time. Since I am rather new to this process I'm wondering if this is normal when updates need performed. Its rather frustrating not being able to tell the progress of the installation. (the original 8hr installation was frustrating as well) Anyway, any info would be great! I do have an email into tech@bmwna but do not expect an answer untill tomorrow. I will update with info I receive from them as well.

Joshua

Old 08-28-2012, 01:31 AM

Car: 1991 e34

Update

ISTA installer did finally finish, it took about 3 hours to complete (possibly more since I was not closely watching it). I'm assuming that an update package was being downloaded and installed. Hopefully this is not going to be a common occurance, makes it difficult to diagnose a customer's vehicle in a timely fashion. I may need to start booting it up daily to help decrease the wait. I will update again with BMWNA's reply to the situation.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:17 AM

Car: 2002 BMW 330XI

For the online system,you should fire it up first thing in the morning and let it do it's update.
Sometimes,as you have found out,it can take a while.
If you are going to use it on a daily basis,there is no reason not to do it this way.

Mark.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:59 AM

Car: BMW

how to install ista